5.18.2009

Cat Loves Dogs

Cat Stevens introduced himself to the pop world in 1966, with is first hit single, "I Love My Dog," with these fabulous words of wisdom.

I love my dog as much as I love you

But you may fade, my dog will always come through.

Reaching #27 on the British charts, the tune paved the way for Cat's early sound that was heavily influenced by pop bands, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, in combination with the folk influences of Bob Dylan, and Paul Simon. Introduced through Cat's brother David, The Springfields own Mike Hurst, encouraged Cat's original spare arrangement of the single to add a staccato, tympani-and viola arrangement to the basic guitar, piano and vocal tracks played by Cat. Not only revolutionizing a new type of Pop sound never heard before, but introducing England to a masterful singer-song-writer and performer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home